Serving People with Developmental & Other Disabilities Since 1982
30 plus years’ experience working with people with developmental and other disabilities in various settings: group homes, sheltered workshops, school, hostels, supported independent living, summer camp, and private homes.
10 years’ providing health & wellness services, snoezelen sessions, case management, coaching sessions, specialized music, movement, and relaxation programs, and grief & bereavement supports.
Specialized in providing services to people with developmental and other complex disabilities including: dual diagnosis, autism spectrum disorders, sensory processing imbalances, acquired brain injury, visual and hearing impairments, acute and chronic physical, emotional and behavioral issues, abuse & addictions recovery, end of life issues, and grief & bereavement supports.
- Life Skills & Wellness Coaching
- Personal Development & Growth
- Self-Advocacy Support
- Grief & Bereavement Support
- Snoezelen: Multi-Sensory Environment Sessions
- Hands-on-Care: Reiki, Bone Medicine, Integrated Energy Therapy, Craniosacral Therapy,
- Specialized Music, Movement & Meditation Sessions (for individuals or groups)
Sample Strategies & Areas Of Focus:
- Create ongoing rapport and gain “buy in” about goals
- Teach innovative custom made approaches to movement that are gentle and enjoyable
- Introduce Relaxation Techniques to help manage daily stress and anxiety.
- Provide energy based treatments to address chronic pain and physical ailments.
- Collaborate to create a routine of healthy practices that can be monitored at home by family or staff
- Evaluate and revise goals to meet changing needs.
- Mentor and empower individual to take responsibility for their words, feelings, and actions.
- Educate and facilitate ongoing development of self-advocacy skills.
- Implement mentoring strategies and provide guidance and direction.
- Provide consistent support for improved communication, relationships & life skills.
- Deliver innovative problem solving approaches to help individual address ongoing acute and chronic physical, emotional and behavioral issues.
To inquire about specific needs or accessing services; call me directly, or send me an email.